Friday 11 November 2016

Removing Entitlements - A Puzzle

A quickie for readers today.
Elections are done in the U.S. - (I don't think I could bear to reflect on this further), but that can only provide further energy and attention to what's going on in our own home town.

While moving away from the U.S., as promised, I won't be moving away from issues I've been addressing in past blogs, Elections Going Under and Waiting for Answers.  I continue to anticipate that those responsible stand up - or stand down.  It's time for those at fault to do so.

In the meantime, should you have a copy of your constitution in hand, I'm going to be re-visiting what I consider to be the paramount entitlement of membership - the right to vote... discussed previously in Why Be a Member?  

Somewhere in the very comparable extracts below, from the YBRSL and CIVL constitutions is a clause that you can guarantee had me spitting chips - once again disenfranchising members of the community.  (For those who don't have constitutions handy, they can check out the images below).    This problem was discussed with Mr Yudi New prior to the community being informed that there had been constitutional amendments made - for whatever reason this was not considered important enough to likewise be amended... (among a series of other problematic clauses).

But I digress...   the clause is yours to find...  Which is the clause designed to remove entitlements where they should exist?   Further thoughts on this matter?
Happy to receive 'civil' responses at mpinskier28@gmail.com

...marcia pinskier


Extract from the YBRSL constitution:

Extract from the CIVL constitution:


No comments:

Post a Comment